Membership Qualifications & Benefits
Documents for Membership are located at the bottom of this web page.
Benefits of Membership
- Receive the Døtre av Norge Newspaper
- Attend biennial Daughter of Norway conventions
- Participate in lodge activities and workshops
- Maintain a relationship with your Scandinavian heritage and culture
- Make new friends and have fun
Daughters of Norway Goals
- To unite into a sisterhood, women who wish to preserve Norwegian heritage
- To maintain among members a knowledge of the history, culture and language of Norway
- To build a strong support system and bond of friendship within the sisterhood
Standard Member Requirements
- Be at least thirteen years of age
- Be of Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, or Swedish birth or descent; or have or have had a spouse of Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic or Swedish birth or descent
- Have a "slektning" (relative) married to a person of Norwegian birth or descent
Associate Member Requirements
The Grand Lodge Daughters of Norway Associate Membership offers unique “access” and “visibility” among our total membership. Associate Membership is also a way for you to be “at the table” to hear about the key topics and areas of interest to contemporary Scandinavian-American women as well as the cultural heritage traditions with which we are all familiar. Do you know someone who's hard to buy a present for? Do you know someone who may find an Associate Membership of interest? Consider gifting one to a daughter, granddaughter, or favorite daughter-in-law?
An eligible woman (see Standard Membership) for whom there is no convenient subordinate lodge may apply for Associate Membership. An Associate Member shall not vote or hold office, but may attend any Daughters of Norway meetings, including convention meetings.
It is not always feasible to be connected to a lodge in your own hometown, but with the Associate Membership, you will still have access to news, information and special invitations to Convention and events in other cities that might play a role in your travel plans! Please don't hesitate to contact D of N sister, Katie Allen by email.